Post by Hat In Ring on Nov 15, 2013 4:32:01 GMT -5
I have a national health care system plan written up but have to add a few more things and do some other stuff to it before I post it. An overview of this health care system is posted below after my other rants.
The republicans in the meantime can take advantage of this Obamacare mess and force the democrats to allow people to buy insurance across state lines. The democrats may be pushing for the single payer system when Obamacare fails and Obamacare failing may be the democrats plan to get the U.S. to a single payer system.
The republicans can take advantage of this democratic deception and force the democrats to allow U.S. citizens that lost their insurance coverage due to the Obamacare mess to purchase some insurance in states where insurance companies are still selling reasonable rate plans or install a law dropping Obamacare requirements for a year or two then let people that lost their insurance buy new plans new in other states. I really don't know anything about this or if it can be done but if insurance companies are still pushing plans at reasonable rates in other states then pushing the democrats to allow people to purchase low cost plans across state lines would be the way to go . Really, I haven't researched this yet and I don't know if it can be done.
A health care plan for all U.S. citizens is on the horizon and is in great demand especially by those U.S. citizens who don't have great incomes and medical corporations demanding high profits in return for care. There are government programs in place to address the need of low income U.S. citizens but so much taxpayer money is wasted through fraud and medical corporation profit taking the programs are on the verge of collapsing without higher taxes being imposed. Another reason for excessive waste in these government programs is government allows unchecked legal and illegal immigration that drains these government care programs without anything being put back by legal and immigrants. Immigration is so massive both legal and illegal that it creates a shortage of doctors and nurses and the government answers this problem with more immigrant doctors and nurses that were trained outside the U.S. just to walk around hospitals as MD's for non paying emergency room immigrant patients. Most people that can afford their own insurance never see these immigrant Chinese doctors and immigrant nurses.
This health care plan I concocted merges the government with the private sector in hopes of creating a health care system for the poor and disadvantaged that cuts out all the waste and forces the federal government to pay for illegal immigrants outside the funds set aside for U.S. citizens that don't pay. This plan is to make it easier for all U.S. citizens to get health care no matter what condition they suffer from and can't be turned away. People having difficulty getting treated is the main reason why people support Obamacare. The private sector medical corporation profit taking is really bad but government run health care is absolutely "Rotten" and is not a place where the U.S. should be going.
Hopefully the plan I've written up below can be developed into something that addresses all concerns by all people.
* A national health care system would not be centralized under "One" government body. If government has to be involved with health care breaking the government authority up into thousands of individual counties where U.S. citizens can take part in the system at a local level would be the way to go. The national health care system would also be made up of several private medical entities to oversee and plan the county medical clinics and make sure U.S. citizens are getting quality medical treatment. These county medical clinics would be low cost, non union taxpayer funded care facilities that turned, "Nobody Away". People that worked or have low incomes could set up low monthly no interest payments for their treatment and be given as many years as it takes to pay off the charges based on, "Something Is Better Than Nothing". Even though a national system like this would be extremely expensive to operate it's cheaper than what we have now and 25 million people paying $5.00 a month gets $125 million dollars a month put back into the national system coupled with whatever the state and federal governments rake in from medicare and Medicaid.
* The U.S. government and states can collect tax payer money and create accounts for the AMA to distribute the funds. The AMA (American Medical Association) or another chosen medical entity would be in charge of distributing the taxpayer funds to the counties. The counties would administer the funds to the county run clinics. The county residents would attack any misappropriations of the funds, fraud by politicians and medical board members on the national level. This method combines government with private organizations to monitor a national health care plan like this. Other trusted private medical organizations can be tossed into the mix as watchdogs to spearhead any corruption and bad doctors at all levels of the cash and care flow. The AMA would also be pushed to get rid of bad doctors that make their way into the system.
Note 1: The AMA doesn't have to be the governing body. The AMA was just used as an example for the framework of this plan. If the AMA were going to be used the AMA organization would have to be gutted and rebuilt because to many U.S. citizens including doctors and nurses reject the way the AMA conducts itself.
Note 2: No private hospitals would be on the governing board. Private hospitals are "Corporation Money Machines" with stock holders. County owned and run hospitals would be represented because counties are included as one of the governing authorities in this health care system.
Note 3: Some people are pushing for state control over this health care system but that centralizes power to much. The whole point of this health care system is to keep it in the private sector as much as possible and use taxpayer funds to sustain the system and provide health care to everybody at a lower cost where the doctors and nurses get paid well. The counties would break up centralized power of government and be non profit giving doctors and nurses good paychecks.
Note 4: This health care system is basically for low wage workers, the elderly, poor, persons with pre-existing injuries and catastrophe illinesses. It's not written up to kill off the insurance companies and force everybody into government health care. It's written up to provide for people that can't afford the $75.00 a month for the lowest cost insurance plan and people whos injuries need extensive treatment. As peoples income improves they can graduate up into purchasing their own insurance plans from insurance companies, get into a group plan or start a health care savings account.
Note 5: It would be impossible for any democrats in the future to organize a communist single payer health care system ever again once this system was installed. Authority would be in the hands of each individual county and the residents of each county. Every county in the U.S. would have to become democrats and as long as the republicans produced elected officials that promoted localized authority the democrats could never sway voters to accept a state or federal takeover of each county.
* Lots of choices are built into it and more options can be built into it to let people choose.
Note 1: The clinics can assist people in building groups, co-ops with insurance companies and even host groups and co-ops that will be using their own doctors outside the clinic system. The clinics can guide people to the best insurance policies hosted by insurance companies to fit their needs even if the people do not use the clinics and have their own private doctors. It all can be built in as public services, "To Anyone".
* It's already getting to the point if you don't have your own insurance you have to go to specific doctors. HMO's have their own doctors you have to go to. County run health care clinics can have one doctor or many doctors. County run health care clinics depending on the size of the county and amount of towns in the county can provide choice if you want to travel to another clinic. Anybody can make an appointment at any clinic anywhere in the U.S. at any time and get treated.
* Doctors would have a database of other county health care clinic doctors all over the U.S. that they can connect with to get treatment information on any condition or injury that exists.
* If the doctors get paid a salary from taxpayer funds they wouldn't have to create phony patients to defraud the taxpayer. Patient charges would be set by county governments and fixed for each procedure and visit with patient payments going to the county governments then back into the nationwide general fund that pays doctors, nurses and staff.
* County governments running health care in their own counties would bring the government financed healthcare program closer to the voters where fraud and mismanagement can be detected more easily.
* Most counties already have county taxpayer funded hospitals so systems are already in place to provide a well constructed national healthcare program. The only things that would have to change are more clinics, changing the way county care systems operate.
Note 1: I've had input that non profit hospitals are a goal. County run hospitals as far as I know right now are running at a big losses. With the proper construction of this plan and a monthly low no interest payment program for patients, fraud prevention plus state and federal taxpayer cash their situation should improve. Also a restructuring of their overhead would be a plus. As for private corporate run hospitals, can't really do anything about them except, "Fire The Execs" and "Get Rid Of Stock Holders" in private hospitals.
Note 2: I had a discussion about private hospitals farming out all the lab, radiology, nursing and a lot of other vital hospital functions to outside companies. Even doctors work for their own corporations and are contractors in a lot of cases leaving the only real function that the hospitals do is collecting the profit after paying all the farmed out contractors their profits. A lot of private hospitals are just several layers of profit on profit creating huge medical bills for the patients that the insurance companies are refusing to pay because the insurance companies have to charge their policy holders more due to the multi layers of hospital profits on profits. With illegal aliens using emergency rooms 1000 time more that non paying U.S. citizens this profit taking is getting extremely excessive having to cover illegal alien medical care and get the pockets of the execs stuffed.
* There would be no more going to the welfare office to apply for taxpayer funded health care. People would make an appointment at taxpayer funded health care clinics and fill out their paper work, opt for welfare or one of several payment plans, if no option is checked by the patient the county would automatically choose the payment option, all people would be treated regardless of their ability to pay and care payments would be handled afterword by the county, "Nobody Will Be Turned Away".
* Option plans provided by the clinics would be based on income alone and not cash on hand. Payment plans would be a tier structure that moved people up and down based on income alone. People that could afford an insurance plan from a private insurance company would not be eligible for any payment options if they used a county clinic and would be required to pay with their insurance. Health care savings accounts and group insurance plans could be created at county health care clinics.
* SSI numbers and state ID's would be run on "Everybody" so legal and illegal immigrant health care accounts could be sent to the federal government for payment separate from taxpayer funds used for the health care of "U.S. Citizens". The federal and state governments could no longer co-mingle legal and illegal immigrants with U.S. Citizens. Information sent to the federal government on illegal aliens would not be used for deportation even though, "I the author of this am for self deportation of all illegal immigrants".
* Patients opting for welfare or who are automatically placed on welfare after treatment is given would have a copy of their patient account sent to the state for further review.
* All patients will be handled by appointment only. Walk in clinics get piles of people coming in all at the same time which creates excessive wait times of 4 hours or more causing the doctors to rush through your visit. Nobody likes sitting forever and a day in the waiting room unless they have paperwork to fill out.
* County health care clinics would be scattered all over towns and cities as needed to provide accessible low cost health care to everyone that do not have private insurance or insurance through an employer. Easy access to low cost health care for all walks of life, rich or poor would be the goal. The rich can pay for their own healthcare but often have family members living with them or in the area that are just as poor as we are and the rich are not obligated to pay for their extended family members health care.